We are looking for a diligent Cost Consultant to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analysing important metrics. Your will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mind-set. You must also be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons.
The goal is to provide detailed reports to our clients in line with their vision on each project, so the they can make informed decisions that will enhance profitability and success of the project.
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Gather first-hand information from sites, warehouses or other venues
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Perform risk analysis
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
- Proven experience as cost consultant or similar position
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles
- In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mind-set
- Proficient in relevant software (Cost X etc.)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational skills
- BSc/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant discipline
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) will be an asset